Cuban Pescado Estofado (Stewed Fish)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, chopped small
- 2 green olives with pimento, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Goya Adobo with Pepper
- 1 large green pepper, sliced into long lengths
- 1 bay leaf
- 60 ml sherry
- 4 chopped tomatoes
- 900 g [2 lb] red snapper, cut into fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onions until translucent.
- Add garlic, Adobo and olives.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaf and sherry.
- Puree the mixture.
- Place the red snapper fillets at bottom of dutch oven. Cover with mixture, then the strips of green pepper.
- Bake in oven, covered for thirty minutes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.
#redsnapper #tomatoes #greenpepper #sherry #bayleaf #garlic #puree #adobo #bread #greenolives #olives