- 1 tablespoon Goya® Adobo sin Pimienta
- 4 tablespoons plantain flour
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water
- 250ml dry wine
- 750ml oil, for cooking
- 5 green plaintains, sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 110g sliced chorizo
- juice of ½ lime
- garlic salt, to taste
- Boil peeled plantains for about 10 minutes until softened
- In the meantime, saute' chorizo and onions until tender and translucent.
- Now, add in plantain flour, wine and sliced cooked plantain pieces.
- Keep stirring and reduce to low.
- Now squeeze in orange and lime juice...
- Top with garlic salt to taste!
- Green plantains in this dish refers to under ripe bananas. Instead of using the juice of one orange and one lemon you can use 250ml sour orange juice.
Try making the same dish with soft ripened plantains for a sweet alternative to this very savoury recipe!
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
CubanCuisine.co.uk can provide all specialist items in this recipe via www.cubancuisine.co.uk, their recently updated Cuban ingredient supplies website. Just click on the product link in the recipe to take you to the Cookipedia ingredient description page from where you can order the item online via CubanCuisine.co.uk (worldwide deliveries)