Crispy duck and hoisin pizza
I vacuum packed the half duck in 2 tablespoons of peking duck Sauce (Hoisin sauce is very similar) and cooked sous vide for 8 hours at 60°C and shredded it ready for the pizza topping. The duck would be perfectly cooked after 3 hours at 57°C, but I wanted to achieve the 'overcooked and falling apart' finish that you can't get with cooking for shorter times. As it is vacuum sealed, it stays nice and moist and the quick heat from the grill give the duck a nice crispy finish.
- 1 portion pizza dough - Makes 2 pizzas
- 150g of selected cheeses, grated. To make a change from mozzarella, I used cheddar, pecorino, mature provolone and a tiny bit of parmesan cheese.
- 4 tablespoon of Tomato sauce for pizza
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 300 g peking crispy duck, shredded
- A large bunch of fresh chives, chopped
- Olive oil
- Dust your work surface with fine yellow cornmeal
- Divide the pizza dough into two and roll out into two thin 25.5 cm (10 inch) pizzas
- You can leave them in a warm place for an hour or so to rise. I quite like them cooked immediately they are rolled out for a more crispy finish.
- Prick the pizza all over with a fork. This prevents it puffing up too much and burning while it is cooking
- With a deft move, slide the pizza from the pizza peel, on to the preheated pizza stone.
- Cook on one side only for about 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and spread the pizza with 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce for pizza.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the tomato sauce and top with the shredded duck. Don't put the cheese on top of the duck if you want it to be crispy.
- Season with salt, pepper and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is nicely melted. This should take about 4 minutes under a grill on a pizza stone, if oven baking, about 15 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- Repeat for the second pizza.
- Keep the first pizza warm at the bottom of the oven whilst you make the second.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.