Crisp cheese and sesame nests filled with salmon and ricotta
A great way to use up smoked salmon trimmings.
- 100 g Džiugas cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoon Ricotta cheese
- 120 g smoked salmon trimmings
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Favourite herbs to garnish (basil, fresh thyme, dill etc.)
- 1 fresh lemon for garnish
- Finely grate the Diugas cheese
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan, the same size that you want the wafers to be.
- Once the pan is hot enough to melt the cheese, sprinkle the cheese evenly over the surface of the pan in a thin layer and add a good dusting of sesame seeds.
- Once the cheese has crisped up, invert the pan over a suitably shaped item such as a soup ladle and tap the cheese pancake out over it and allow it to cool and harden.
- Mix the ricotta cheese, smoked salmon trimmings, chopped parsley, salt and freshly ground black pepper together in a bowl and add a tablespoons of the mixture into each nest.
The Tefal one egg wonder 12 cm mini frying pan is absolutely the perfect size for this recipe.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.