Courgette croquettes with Džiugas cheese
This is another good recipe to use up a little of your courgette glut that occurs every autumn.
- 200 g of rice
- 100 g of grated Džiugas cheese
- 100 g of cooked sliced meat; ham, chicken, turkey, etc.
- 100 g Philadelphia-style soft cream cheese
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 raw egg
- 50 g plain flour
- Panko breadcrumbs for coating the croquettes
- olive oil for deep frying - I prefer the flavour of olive oil to normal vegetable oil, and it's healthier for you
- 200 g grated courgettes (zucchini)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat at least 2.5 cm (1 inch) of olive oil in a deep frying pan, 180ºC / 360ºF - don't let it smoke.
- Boil the unrinsed rice for 20 minutes
- In the last few minutes, add the grated courgette, both of the cheeses, the chopped meat and eggs, stir well and sprinkle the flour over the mixture
- Stir well and remove from the heat and allow to cool down so the mixture can be handled
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl
- Using about a tablespoon of the mixture at a time, roll out and form into balls
- Dip each ball into the beaten egg and roll in Panko breadcrumbs to cover evenly
- Deep fry the croquettes in small batches for about 4 minutes or until they are nicely browned
- Drain on kitchen paper
- 180ºC / 360ºF
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#grated #courgette #egg #zucchini #panko #rice #oliveoil #garlicmayonnaise #breadcrumbs #deepfrying #boil