Cold pork with mustard
This recipe needs advance preparation!
5/5 I don't need to say anymore. The Judge
A good way of preparing pork for a salad or picnic. It some lovely has Chinese flavours that work very well with mustard
- 1 kg (2lb) boned roasting pork (loin is good)
- 250 ml (8 fl oz) light soy sauce
- 120 ml (4 fl oz) rice wine or dry sherry
- 100g (4 oz) brown sugar or jaggery
- 3 large spring onions (scallions)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- In a large bowl, or even in a food processor, mix all ingredients together except for the mustard and pour over the pork
- Leave to marinate for 12 hours or more, basting and turning often.
- Line a large roasting tin with tin foil and place the pork on a rack in the tray
- Roast in a preheated oven at 200° C (400° F) for 10 minutes and then reduce the heat to 160° C (325° F) and cook for a further 1 ¾ hours
- Remove and leave to cool, then chill in the fridge
- Mix the mustard with enough water to make a creamy paste to serve with the pork
- Slice the pork thinly, arrange on a platter and serve
Serve chilled with a salad or cold tossed beansprouts
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#mustard #coldporkwithmustard #foodprocessor #jaggery #springonions #porkloin #lightsoysauce #drysherry #fridge #tinfoil #beansprouts