Chorizo and tomato salad
In smaller quantities, this would make a nice starter.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 225 g thinly sliced chorizo sausage
- 3 large tomatoes cut into bite sized chunks
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- 2 Cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sherry vinegar
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced or 4 or 5 spring onions, cut on the diagonal
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 100g goats cheese, (one small round)
- A big handful of hers or your choice
- * try basil, parsley, mint or chervil
- Crusty bread to serve
- Add the tomatoes, onions and herbs to a serving bowl
- Divide the chorizo in to two portions.
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan, add the Crushed garlic and a grind of black pepper and fry half of the chorizo over a medium heat until crispy - this won't take very long if the chorizo is thinly sliced.
- Once crispy, transfer the chorizo to the serving bowl
- De-glaze the frying pan with a tablespoon or so of sherry vinegar. Use this to dress the salad and mix well.
- Season to taste
- Crumble the cheese over the salad and serve
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.