Chocolate and marshmallow wedges
This recipe needs advance preparation!
- 350g Green & Black's dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 250g butter
- 1½ tablespoons water
- 1½ tablespoons caster sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ tablespoons orange juice
- 3 medium egg yolks, whisked lightly and strained
- 125g digestive biscuits, one half crushed and one half roughly chopped
- 175g pink and white marshmallows, cut into halves and quarters
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder mixed with 1 tablespoon chocolate powder
- Melt the chocolate with the butter, water and sugar in a mixing bowl set over a pan of hot water taken of the heat.
- Stir until smooth, then remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool a little.
- Lightly whisk in the vanilla and orange juice, followed by the egg yolks.
- Mix the digestive biscuits with the chocolate mixture, followed by the marshmallows.
- Pour into a lightly butter 20cm round tin, lined with greaseproof paper.
- If necessary, press the mixture down and level off with a palette knife.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate overnight.
- Turn out onto a plate and dust the top with the cocoa powder mixture.
- Cut into wedges while still chilled and keep in the fridge until required.
- From Simple Home Baking by Carol Pastor
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#chocolate #butter #marshmallows #chocolateandmarshmallowwedges #orangejuice #cocoapowder #eggyolks #strained #fridge #clingfilm #vanillaextract