Chinese chilli and garlic sauce
This recipe needs advance preparation!
If you grow your own chillies, this is a great recipe to use them in.
- 125 ml (4 oz) white Chinese rice vinegar
- 225 g (8 oz) fresh red chillies
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- Remove the stalks from the chillies.
- Slice in half, lengthways and remove the seeds and any white pith.
- Leave the chillies soaking overnight in the salt and vinegar.
- Pulse to a purée in a food processor.
- Add the garlic powder, cornflour and sugar and adjust the consistency to your liking with a little water. Pulse to mix.
- Pour into a sterilised bottle.
- This will keep forever!
Servings: 35 - Makes one 350 g (12 oz) bottle of chilli sauce
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#chinesechilliandgarlicsauce #chillies #cornflour #ricevinegar #garlicpowder #granulatedsugar #unusualrecipes #foodprocessor #maltvinegar #seeds #sterilised