Chilli penne with cheese and garlic
This is a pasta dish which is quick to make and contains some of my favourite ingredients.
- 400g penne
- Garlic to taste, finely chopped
- Red chilli flakes to taste, finely chopped
- olive oil
- A generous knob of butter
- 125g Grana Padano cheese, grated
- Flat-leaved parsley to taste, chopped
- Heat a pan of lightly salted water until it is boiling.
- Add the pasta and boil for 10-12 minutes until the pasta is al dente.
- Meanwhile, gently fry the garlic and chilli flakes in the olive oil.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain into a colander and return it to the pan with the garlic, chilli flakes, the oil in which they were fried, the butter and the cheese.
- Heat through until the butter has melted, stir in the parsley and serve immediately.
I made the mistake of buying 'chilli' penne from Asda. Although it looks reddish, there is no heat in it whatsover.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.