Chilli crab spaghetti
Anne made this for me from a recipe that she had seen Ainsley Harriott make on TV recently. It was nice, but not really all that 'fishy'. This is a fishier version.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 150 g dried spaghetti
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 small fresh hot chillies de-seeded and finely chopped. red or green are fine. They freeze brilliantly so freeze what you don't use.
- Thumb sized lump of ginger, peeled and grated - homemade lazy ginger is just as good.
- 100 g white crab meat
- 100 g peeled prawns
- 2 tablespoons of nam pla
- 150 g cheery tomatoes
- 4 spring onions, chopped on the diagonal
- Juice and zest from 1 lime
- Leaves from fresh coriander or parsley, chopped
- Cook the pasta until it has just a little bite, about 10 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Add the oil to a separate large pan and sauté the garlic, chilli, ginger, tomatoes and half of the spring onions for 4 minutes.
- Tip the drained pasta into the large pan, add the crab, prawns, lime and herbs.
- Mix well and serve.
- garnish with the remaining spring onions and a few herb leaves.
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Make your own pasta from scratch
The normal (non-Youtube) recipe for home-made pasta is here if you prefer.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.