Chilli and lime chicken stir fry
Any stir-fry isd good..
I've used Morrisons pre-packed stir-fry ingredients as they are the easiest way to get a decent variety of vegetables. Half quantities of these packs are perfect for a two-person stir fry. Just check the quality of the bean sprouts as they can be rather close to sell-by (or bin-by) date.
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 heaped tablespoon of Taste Sensation Chilli and Lime Seasoning
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Half a packet of bean sprouts [180 g]
- Half a packet of fresh egg noodles [205 g]
- Half a packet of Sweet & Crunchy stir fry [300 g]
- Splash of dark soy sauce - optional
- Splash of dry sherry - optional
- If you get the chance, leave the chicken pieces, dusted with the Taste Sensation Chilli and Lime Seasoning in the refrigerator for a few hours beforehand to enhance the flavour.
- Pop the sliced chicken in a lock and lock box together with the Taste Sensation Chilli and Lime Seasoning and one of the tablespoons of olive oil. Shake like crazy to mix. Leave to marinade for a while if you get the chance.
- This is quicker and easier if you have two woks, if not cook the chicken first and keep warm while you cook the vegetables
- Stir fry the chicken in a tablespoon of olive oil, turning regularly until the chicken is properly cooked - about 5 minutes or longer if it's thickly sliced
- Stir-fry the vegetables in a tablespoon of olive oil until they are wilted
- Toss in the beans shoots and noodles and stir-fry until cooked - about 4 minutes
- If using, add a splash of sherry and soy sauce and mix well
- Mix in the cooked chicken and serve immediately
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#chicken #oliveoil #vegetables #stirfry #beansprouts #chilliandlimechickenstirfry #refrigerator #noodles #drysherry #tastesensationrecipes #date