Chestnut flour shortbread
- 300g butter
- 120g caster sugar
- 300g plain flour
- 100g chestnut flour
- 60g rice flour or ground rice
- 10 g Sugar for rolling and sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 140° C (257° F - gas 1), [fan oven 120° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the flour and work into a dough.
- Roll out into a rectangle or a round on a sugared work surface until it is 1cm thick.
- Place on a greased baking tray and cut into fingers or triangles.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes and when cooked, place on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with sugar and allow to cool.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#flour #chestnutflourshortbread #butter #chestnut #castersugar #riceflour #plainflour #bakingtray #bake #dough #sugars