- 225 g cooked pork, cut into thin strips
- 2 sticks celery, cut into thin strips
- 2 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons cooked garden peas
- 1 ripe pear, cut into thin strips
- 1 slightly sour apple, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- Garlic, to taste, crushed
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice or herb vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Mix the pork, celery, carrots, peas, pear and apple in a bowl.
- Make the dressing by placing the remaining ingredients in a jam jar and shake until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the dressing evenly over the salad (do not toss) and serve on small plates.
Serve as one of 3 or 4 side dishes with a main meal.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.