One of my favourite vegetable dishes that goes well with almost anything. Whilst you could add extra cheese and grill to finish, as a vegetable accompaniment, I don't think it needs that. If you were having this alone, then maybe
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- ½ pint of cheese sauce
- 300 g (11 oz) cauliflower, trimmed and cut to florets. Most supermarkets sell these ready prepared, lazy and handy!
- Dash of Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Nutmeg (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut an x in the base of any thick stalks so they cook evenly
- Add the cauliflower to a large pan of boiling, lightly salted water and simmer hard for about 10 minutes, depending how you prefer your vegetables cooked
- Meanwhile make the cheese sauce as shown here
- Drain the cauliflower and pour the cheese sauce over the vegetables, mixing well
Serve hot, sprinkled with grated nutmeg if liked
- Broccoli and cauliflower cheese
- Baby cauliflower cheese
- Basic white sauce
- Cheese sauce
- Heston Blumenthal's perfect cauliflower cheese recipe
- Mornay sauce
- BBC - cauliflower_cheese recipes
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.