- 1 head Cauliflower
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Red chili paste
- 1 tablespoon Ginger/Garlic paste
- 1 each Whole egg
- salt to taste
- water for the batter
For the tadka:
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 3 each Thai green chilies
- Oil for frying
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and keep aside.
- Make a batter with the cornstarch, chili paste, ginger & garlic paste, egg. Add enough water to make a coating consistency batter. Add salt to taste.
- Mix the cauliflower into the batter.
- Heat the oil in a wok or dutch oven. When the oil is hot fry the cauliflower, dropping the florets individually. Fry till crisp and remove from the oil.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a sauté pan. When hot add the mustard seeds, let them crackle then add the curry leaves, the green chilies, lemon juice and toss the fried cauliflower in it.
- Serve hot.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.