Carrot and potato rösti (V)
Use a food processor to speed-up the process
- 450 g large potatoes (unpeeled)
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1tbs olive oil plus extra for greasing
- 200g of peeled and grated carrots
- 25 g melted butter
- Sea salt and freshly grated black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6)
- Add the unpeeled potatoes to boiling salted water, return to the boil and boil for 10 minutes only. This limits the amount of water absorbed.
- Drain and allow to cool
- Grate coarsely, peel if you wish, I like potato peel!
- While the potatoes boil, fry the onion in the olive oil until golden, about 5 minutes
- Add the onion, potato and carrots to a large bowl, add the melted butter and mix together well. A shake or two of plain flour sometimes helps them hold together better.
- Grease a baking tray and divide into 12 portions
- Bake for 25 minutes in total, covered with tin-foil for the first 10 minutes.
Add some chilli flakes for a spicier rösti
You can use a bun tin or the silicone equivalent instead of a baking tray.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.