Capricorn mash with herby chicken breasts
Many thanks to those nice people at The Lubborn Creamery who gave us permission to reproduce this recipe.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 6 tablespoons freshly chopped mixed herbs (e.g. chives, parsley, tarragon)
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 stalks cherry tomatoes on the vine
- ½ teaspoon caster sugar
- 1kg floury potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 200ml milk
- 2 x 100g Capricorn Somerset Goats' cheese, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Spread the herbs out on a plate, then drizzle 1 tablespoon oil over the chicken breasts and season lightly. Roll in the herbs to coat completely then place on a baking tray.
- Add the tomatoes on the vine, drizzle the remaining oil over the tomatoes and sprinkle with the caster sugar.
- Roast the chicken and tomatoes for 15-20 mins or until the juices of the chicken run clear when pierced. Rest the chicken for 5 mins before slicing.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a large pan of lightly salted water until tender. Drain into a colander.
- Place the pan back on the heat and add the milk and Capricorn Somerset Goats' cheese, stirring until most of the cheese has melted.
- Mash the potatoes into the molten cheese, adding seasoning to taste.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.