Butternut squash bisque (V)
As autumn approaches we always have a glut of squashes so this is a good use to put them to.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 25 g (2 tablespoons) butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 450 g (1 lb) butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cubed
- 1.2 litres (2 pints) vegetable stock
- 225 g (8 oz) potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 120 ml ( 4 fl oz) Greek-style yogurt, single cream or creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives or chopped parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and sautee the onions until soft, about 4 minutes
- Add the squash, potatoes, stock and paprika, bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 35 minutes or until the vegetables are soft
- Allow to cool a little and then pour the mixture into a food processor and blend until smooth
- Season with salt and pepper
- Reheat and stir in the cream and chives or parsley
Type of squash
This time I did not use an actual butternut squash but the (unknown)type pictured here, it was just as good!
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.