Brie fondue encounter
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 150g Godminster black pepper brie
- A bundle of asparagus (or swap for your favourite fondue veg) see Serving suggestions
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- A little olive oil (optional)
- 1 small warmed loaf of bread , to serve (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Unwrap your brie. Line a little roasting tray with greaseproof paper or foil. Plonk your brie on top.
- Pop in the oven. Roast 15-20 mins or till starting to colour a little on the top.
- Get a large frying pan hot. Trim the woody ends from your asparagus. Rinse. Add them to the hot, smoking pan while there is still water clinging to them.
- Griddle the asparagus (no oil needed) till just tender. Season with a little salt and pepper. Gloss with a trickle of oil, once cooked, if you like.
- Remove the brie from the oven. Carefully cut the lid off. Remove. Scatter a little pepper over, if you like. Use the asparagus as edible spoons.
- Steamed Jersey Royals are brilliant dunked in (use a fork to save your fingers), as are griddled broccoli florets.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
All of the ingredients in this recipe can be delivered to your door by Abel & Cole; weekly home deliveries of organic fruit and vegetable boxes, and much much more.