Breaded chicken slices
This recipe idea was passed to me by Maureen Cooper. It's an economical and fairly healthy way to use one chicken breast to serve two (or more) people.
In America I believe this is confusingly as Chicken Fried Steak!
- 1 large chicken breast - if you can leave it partly frozen, it slices easily.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons of Panko breadcrumbs - or make your own from leftover stale bread
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Olive oil
- One large chicken breast, leave part frozen so it slices easily and neatly. Lay the chicken breast on a chopping board and put flat of hand on the top and carefully slice in slices just under 1cm thick.
- Beat the egg well and pour onto a small plate
- Mix the breadcrumbs, dried rosemary leaves, salt and black pepper together and tip onto another small plate.
- One by one, dip the slices in the egg mixture and then onto the breadcrumbs, pressing down so they stick well.
- Pop the breaded chicken slices into the hot pan and fry for a few minutes a side.
- Because the chicken is sliced so thinly, the chicken is cooked once the breadcrumbs are browned.
Maureen especially likes the original Bisto gravy on hers!
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#breadcrumbs #egg #chicken #chickenbreast #dried #breadedchickenslices #frozen #oliveoil #bread #panko #browned