A bread sauce recipe courtesy of British Onions.
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 10 cloves
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 bay leaves
- 500ml milk
- 125g white bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoon creme fraiche (optional)
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- Maldon salt and freshly ground pepper
- Stud the onion with the cloves.
- Place the onion, garlic, milk, and bay leaf in a saucepan over a moderate heat and leave it to simmer 15 minutes then remove it from the heat and leave it to infuse for 20 minutes.
- Strain the milk and return it to the saucepan and bring it to a simmer.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs and stir it softens.
- Remove the sauce from the pan and stir in the creme fraiche and nutmeg and seasoning.
- Serve warm in a sauce boat.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of British Onions