Beurre noisette (TM)
This recipe needs advance preparation!
- 1kg unsalted butter
- The butter should be softish, but not melting
- Place the butter in the bowl 10 minutes / 50 C / Speed 3
- Pour into a receptacle such as a measuring jug and leave to allow the milk solids to rise to the top
- Skim the solids using a slotted spoon but leave a little behind in the butter
- Pour back into the TM bowl 40 minutes / 50 C / Speed 3 then check that there are browned bits in the bottom and that the butter smells nutty
- Strain through a sieve lined with cheesecloth or a new J cloth
- Leave to cool and chill until ready for use
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#butter #browned #sieve #measuringjug #slottedspoon #thermomix #beurrenoisettetm #unsaltedbutter #boiledorsimmered #cheesecloth