Beurre noisette (TM)
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1kg unsalted butter (softish, but not melting)
- Place the butter in the bowl 10 minutes / 50 C / Speed 3
- Pour into a receptacle such as a measuring jug and leave to allow the milk solids to rise to the top
- Skim the solids using a slotted spoon but leave a little behind in the butter
- Pour back into the TM bowl 40 minutes / 50 C / Speed 3 then check that there are browned bits in the bottom and that the butter smells nutty
- Strain through a sieve lined with cheesecloth or a new J cloth
- Leave to cool and chill until ready for use
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.