Beetroot and Goats Cheese Bruschetta
Use your home grown beetroot to make this light lunch.
- 1 small ciabatta loaf, sliced into 8
- 2 tablespoons Belazu extra virgin olive oil
- 180g cooked beetroot, chopped
- 1 x 100g pack French goats' cheese, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 mini sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon rich, treacly balsamic vinegar - Tip Belazu Balsamic Vinegar
- Drizzle the ciabatta with a little of the olive oil and cook on a hot griddle or under a preheated grill for a few minutes, turning, until golden.
- Spoon over the beetroot, then crumble over the goats' cheese. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, top with the thyme and drizzle with the rest of the oil.
- Cook under a preheated grill for a few minutes, until the cheese has melted and the beetroot is warmed through. Drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and serve.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com
Belazu products used in this recipe
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.