Beef and pea pilaf
A quick and economical meal that is easy to cook.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- large pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 250g (9 oz) minced beef
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 red chilli or 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon of white cumin seeds
- 200g (7 oz) uncooked basmati rice (any long-grain rice will do)
- 1 litre of beef stock (vegetable stock or chicken stock would do)
- 300g frozen peas (rinse off any ice crystals and allow to drain first
- salt to taste
- Heat a large lidded pan on a medium heat,add the olive oil and a pinch of pepper
- Once it starts to sizzle, add the onions and gently cook until browned (about 5 minutes)
- Stir in the garlic and the spices and mix
- Add the mince and stir-fry until it is lightly browned
- Stir in the rice and mix well
- Cover and leave on a medium heat for 5 minutes
- Add the peas, reduce the heat, cover and cook until the stock has been absorbed into the rice, about 15 minutes
Mix the rice well and serve.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#rice #beefandpeapilaf #oliveoil #browned #beefstock #redchilli #grain #vegetablestock #chilli #stock #onion