Bearnaise sauce recipe
Home-made pasta is so easy to make!
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 large banana shallot, peeled and finely diced
- 3 free-range egg yolks
- 225g (8oz) butter, melted
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chervil leaves, chopped (optional)
- Add the tarragon vinegar and chopped shallots to a small pan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and lower to a simmer.
- Reduce the liquid by half.
- Strain the vinegar into a Pyrex-type bowl and add the egg yolks.
- Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk the mixture to mix the eggs.
- While constantly whisking, gradually add the melted butter.
- Keep whisking until the butter is combined.
- Season add add the chopped herbs.
Leave the sauce in the bowl to keep warm until ready to serve.
Serve in a gravy boat.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.