Bearnaise sauce recipe
A classic sauce
No much else to say about it. - The Judge
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 large banana shallot, peeled and finely diced
- 3 free-range egg yolks
- 225g (8oz) butter, melted
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chervil leaves, chopped (optional)
- Add the tarragon vinegar and chopped shallots to a small pan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and lower to a simmer.
- Reduce the liquid by half.
- Strain the vinegar into a Pyrex-type bowl and add the egg yolks.
- Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk the mixture to mix the eggs.
- While constantly whisking, gradually add the melted butter.
- Keep whisking until the butter is combined.
- Season add add the chopped herbs.
Leave the sauce in the bowl to keep warm until ready to serve.
Serve in a gravy boat.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#tarragon #butter #bearnaisesaucerecipe #vinegar #eggyolks #shallots #sauce #diced #accompaniment #gravy #french