Albert Bartlett products can be found in most UK supermarkets. You can find out more about their products at http://albertbartlett.co.uk.
- 12 Small / Medium Rooster Potatoes
- 24 bay leaves
- 6 Sprigs of rosemary
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 75g Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6
- Cut each potato across its width in slices about 5mm apart but stopping about 1cm from the bottom so each potato is still joined at the base.
- Break the bay leaves in half and insert them into the slices, pick sprigs from the rosemary and again place into the slices.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes into a roasting tin, sprinkle olive oil over the potatoes.
- Pour enough cold water into the pan, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cut the butter into pieces and place around the potatoes.
- Place pan into oven to roast, baste regularly with the butter until the water evaporates and the potatoes are tender.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of the now inactive www.albert-bartlett.co.uk
#potatoes #baystuddedroosterpotatoeswithrosemary #butter #oliveoil #bayleaves #potato #roasting #roast #baste #rosemary #miseenplace