Basic roast breast of goose
- Preheat the oven to 220° C (425° F - gas 7)
- Wash and dry the breast and place skin uppermost on a rack in a roasting tin.
- Season the skin with the salt and pepper and rub it in with your fingers.
- Roast for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and prick a few holes in the skin, using a skewer.
- Return to the oven and roast for a further 25 minutes.
- Allow to rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- A comprehensive guide to roast meat cooking times - give the time you want to carve your roast and we'll give you a timed step by step roasting guide
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.