Basa in red chilli chutney
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric powder
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon muscovado sugar
red chilli paste
- 3 dried Chile de Arbole
- 40g (1.5 oz) desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon of coconut block dissolved in a tablespoon of boiling water
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (no more)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and coat the fillets well on both sides.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or more to allow the flavours to mingle. The longer, the better!
- Add the chilles, desiccated coconut and vinegar, salt & vegetable oil to a food processor or mortar and pestle and grind to a fine paste.
- If the mixture is too dry, add a little water, drop-by-drop.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the chilli paste for a minute or so.
- Reduce the heat and add the basa and 120 ml of hot water.
- Simmer vigorously for 8 minutes or until the fish flakes easily and most of the liquid has been reduced.
Any firm bodied fish fillets
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.