Basa and prawn tagliatelle
This is a variation of a recipe I saw on Channel 4's The Big Breakfast, about 15 years ago.
It's the simplest recipe I know - You cannot fail to impress with this dish.
There is an even simpler version here.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 250 g fresh tagliatelle
- 1 tin lobster bisque soup
- 250g Basa fillets [9 oz]
- 100 g (3.5 oz) or more, fresh peeled prawns
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 125 ml single or double cream
- Big handful of parsley, chopped - keep some whole for the garnish
- Chopped chives (optional)
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- ½ clove garlic
- Cut the basa into bite-sized chunks - basa does not usually have skin or bones; remove them if it does.
- Rub the bottom of the pan with the cut edge of the garlic and discard the clove.
- In a large pan, almost bring the soup to the boil and then immediately reduce to a simmer
- Place the basa chunks in the soup and simmer for 6 minutes
- Cook the pasta as directed, drain and cover
- Add the prawns, cream, sherry, chopped parsley, salt and black pepper, stir for a minute or so
- Pour the pasta into the soup, mix well, serve with parsley garnish
Serve hot, maybe with a salad if you need to stretch it to four people. There is enough here for two gluttons though!
Use 100g of dried tagliatelle instead of fresh pasta
Smoked basa works well with this recipe.
Make your own pasta from scratch
The normal (non-Youtube) recipe for home-made pasta is here if you prefer.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.