Bangers and mash pie (cheat)
A really simple meal that you can put together in no time - if you're lucky you'll probably already have the ingredients.
- 454g pack of thick pork sausages
- 850 g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons gravy granules
- 3 tablespoons Branston pickle
- 1 tablespoon butter
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4)
- Boil the diced potatoes for 15 minutes and drain well.
- Grill the sausages until browned all over, about 15 to 20 minutes minutes - cut each sausage into 3 pieces.
- Mix the 2 tablespoons of gravy granules with 400 ml of boiling water and mix well. Stir in the pickle.
- Add the sausages and gravy to an oven proof dish.
- Mash the potatoes with 1 tablespoon of butter, season well and fork over the sausages.
- Bake for 25 minutes then serve.
I can't resist meddling with a recipe, this is no exception. As I had a few spare spring onions in the fridge, I chopped them up and added them to the mash and the gravy. I also added a little squash mash to the mash and also sprinkled a little grated cheese over the top. For 2 greedy people, I made half of the mash quantity but kept the other ingredients the same. A very nice recipe!
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#potatoes #sausages #gravy #butter #bake #boiling #diced #mash #springonions #pickle #branstonpickle