Baked bean veggy-loaf
A simple and easy vegetarian loaf that can be ready to eat in 45 minutes.around 30 minutes.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1 large 400g can of baked beans
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup (50g / 2 oz) breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs of chopped fresh herbs if available
- 1 teaspoon Marmite
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree or 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Pinch of salt and a good grind of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Tip into a greased 450g (1 lb) loaf tin lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or firm to touch.
- If you want to slice this, you'll need to let it cool first, or you can just spoon out the beany goodness!
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.