Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Garlic to taste, chopped
- 4 large sweet red peppers, roasted, skins and seeds removed and cut into strips (See Chef's notes below)
- 4 large, firm tomatoes, sliced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- Preheat the oven to 230° C (450° F - gas 8)
- Grease a shallow baking dish or casserole with some of the oil.
- Using a little more oil, gently sauté the garlic until barely golden, reserving the oil.
- Arrange a layer of peppers on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle some of the garlic over the peppers and follow this with a layer of tomatoes, seasoning between the layers.
- Continue layering until you have used up the ingredients.
- Pour the remaining oil and the oil in which you sautéed the garlic over the vegetables and sprinkle with the oregano.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
Serve with bread to mop up the juices. Can be served hot or cold.
To roast and remove the skins from peppers please follow these instructions.
You can buy preserved roasted and de-skinned peppers in jars. Some are good and others not so. If you decide to opt for Pimientos del Piquillo de Lodosa, you will need to use quite a few as they are very small. Sadly, they are rather expensive if bought in the UK.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.