Anitra's stuffed mushrooms
The lovely Anitra gave us two huge Portobello mushrooms, so they just had to be stuffed!
This recipe is a more a kind of Jamie Oliver-esque idea than a measured recipe, so think about the flavours you fancy and the available space.
- 2 huge Portobello mushrooms, the size of small umbrellas
- 1 clove of Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4 small spring onions, finely chopped
- 50 g home smoked bacon, or ham etc, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons full of grated Cheddar cheese
- Good glug or two of garlic olive oil
- Big handful of parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of chili flakes
- A capful of dry sherry for each mushroom
- Preheat the oven to 190° C (375° F - Gas 5), I would normally cook stuffed mushrooms at 180° C (350° F - Gas 4) but these are huge.
- Brush the mushrooms clean, don't wash them
- Cut the stalks out and chop them finely
- Place the mushrooms on greased spots on a baking tray
- Add the rest of the ingredients apart from the sherry to a small bowl, with nice clean hands, scrunch everything together so it's really well mixed
- The home smoked bacon we use does not need cooking, if you are using a meat the needs cooking I would sauté it separately for a few minutes first
- Pack the mixture into the mushrooms
- If you've judged it correctly, you should have nothing left over!
- Drizzle a little olive oil over each mushroom
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes
- When there is 5 minutes cooking time left, pour a capful of sherry over each mushroom
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#anitrasstuffedmushrooms #mushrooms #portobellomushrooms #bake #homesmokedbacon #brush #breadcrumbs #garlicoliveoil #springonions #oliveoil #garlic