This is a translation of a recipe in Salsas y Aliños con Thermomix (Susaeta Ediciones). True alioli is made only with garlic and oil in a mortar, but the process is very slow and difficult. Therefore this recipe for Thermomix is a good option to save time.
- Peel the garlic and place them in the bowl.
- Chop for 15 seconds / Speed 6.
- Scrape down the inside of the bowl with the spatula and chop again for 15 seconds / Speed 6.
- Scrape down the inside of the bowl and add the lemon juice, water, 25g of the oil and salt to taste.
- Process 4 minutes / Speed 5, progressively increasing to Speed 6 after 2 minutes.
- Afterwards, allow the machine to run at Speed 4.
- With the MC in position, slowly pour the remaining 400g olive oil onto the lid.
- It is important that the oil is poured drop by drop so that the alioli emulsifies perfectly.
- Once all the oil has been added, blend for a few seconds more to attain a perfect mixture and then halt the machine.
- Pour the sauce into a container or mortar and garnish with a leaf of parsley.
Servings: 22 - Makes 450 ml
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#garlic #thermomix #lemonjuice #parsley #oliveoil #blend #sauce