Çaçiki is a Turkish version of the Greek tzatsiki and is in fact a delicious combination of two different traditional Turkish recipes.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1 cucumber
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 litre Greek-style yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 6 small red chillies, finely chopped and seeds removed if desired
- Salt to taste
- 5 cloves Crushed garlic
- 4 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons flat-leaved parsley, finely chopped
- Cayenne pepper and olive oil to garnish
- Peel the cucumber, slice in half lengthways and remove the seeds, if desired. Chop the cucumber into small cubes.
- Place it into a sieve and sprinkle the white vinegar over the cubes and leave to drain for around 20 minutes.
- Pat the cubes dry with paper kitchen towels.
- Put the yogurt into a bowl and add the lemon or lime juice, chillies, salt, garlic and herbs. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the cucumber and stir gently, making sure that you do not break up the cubes.
- Serve, garnished with a sprinking of cayenne pepper and a swirl of olive oil
This can be served in the bowl in which you made it or divided up into four smaller bowls.
Other variations can be found on the comments page.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.