The best sausage rolls in the world
Dreaming up recipes to add to our cheat section was made really easy by a recent purchase of extremely high quality sausages from a local butcher. What a superb success - how these are not in Delia's cheat book I'll never know!
- 6 high quality sausages, preferably from your local butchers or farmers market
- 1 375g pre-rolled puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6)
- Allow the sausages and the pastry about 30 minutes to get to room temperature
- Unroll the pastry and cut into lengths large enough to cover the sausages
- Roll pastry around the sausages - don't overlap too much
- Cut a few slashes in the top
- Place on a lightly greased baking tray
- Bake until golden brown for about 30 minutes
I thought that a grill mesh would be a good idea as it would allow air under the rolls. It was not, the pastry covers the grid and expands, making it impossible to remove them cleanly. Use a greased baking tray!
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.