Matilda's chicken shoe
Stuffed chicken breasts, which look like an old-fashioned shoe.
- 4 plump boneless chicken breast fillets
- 8 medium mushrooms
- 4 spring onions
- 8 rashers smoked rindless back bacon
- Cocktail sticks, soaked in water for 45 minutes
- Slit the chicken breasts down the middle so that they fold out and look relatively symmetrical but do not cut them in half
- Carefully put the chicken in a plastic freezer bag and bang them out with a meat mallet.
- Take the chicken out of the bag and cover them with 2 slices of bacon per breast
- Sprinkle finely chopped spring onions and mushrooms over the meats, but not too thickly.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Fold the chicken back up like a sandwich and use cocktail sticks to keep them together. Just poke them through tightly.
- Wrap in cling-film and let them settle for half an hour in the fridge.
- Put in the oven for 25 mins at 180 C/350 F/Gas 6 on bottom shelf of oven.
- Take out the cocktail sticks and enjoy.
Serve with salad
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#chicken #matildaschickenshoe #bacon #mushrooms #salad #smoked #meatmallet #choppedspringonions #chickenbreast #springonions #meats