Lamb fillet kebabs
And the best lamb fillet?
5/5 It comes from Russell' The Butchers, in Upwell. The best there is - I can even hear them in the mornings! Baaaa! The Judge
So simple to make, this is hardly a recipe. I think these are much nicer if they are given time to marinade, but you could cook them immediately if you were pushed for time.
- 1 lamb tenderloin fillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Tex-Mex mix or 1 scant teaspoon chili powder and a pinch of mixed herbs
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion, halved
- 2 halved sweet peppers (different colours) - use the remains in your salad
- Chop the tenderloin fillets into about 16 medallions
- Place them in a Lock and Lock box together with the olive oil, lemon juice, Tex-Mex mix, salt and pepper
- Shake viperously for a minute
- Place in the fridge for 6 hours or so
- Make up the skewers using the marinaded lamb, onion and bell peppers
- Brush with a little extra olive oil and grill for about 10 minutes under a hot grill or barbecue.
- Turn once during cooking and brush with olive oil once more
- Rest for 5 minutes before serving
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#lambfilletkebabs #oliveoil #salad #grill #pittabreads #chilipowder #lemonjuice #brush #barbecue #redonion #lamb