Cream and fresh berry delight
- 150ml single cream
- 150ml creme fraiche (or fruit flavoured yogurt)
- 250g berries (e.g raspberries, blackberries strawberrires etc.)
- Berries can be softened and sweetened by placing them in a sealed container together with up to 4 teaspoons granulated sugar. If using strawberries, first remove the stalks and then chop them into pieces about 1cm across.
- Give the container a good shake and place in the fridge. (The berries should happily keep like this for up to two weeks)
- Take a largish bowl, and whip the cream until it is fairly stiff.
- Fold in the creme fraiche or yogurt (whichever you are using)
- Fold in the fruit (including just some of the juices - you can drink the rest).
- Put it back in the fridge.
Ideal for a dessert on a summer's day (after the barbecue).
Serve within one hour of making.
If more time has elapsed, you may want to give the mixture a stir before dishing up.
Angel poo: The name of the dish is a nod to the old 'Angel Delight' that my mum used to make from a packet, and at the same time a reference to the Dutch expression used to describe something delicious as being 'like an angel taking a piss on your tongue'. In this case, the dish is more like an angel shit. Kids and grown-ups of the right age love it.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#berries #fruit #cremefraiche #dessert #cream #yogurt #creamandfreshberrydelight #fridge #raspberries #miseenplace #dairy