Gluten Free sausage kebabs with quinoa salad (GF)
The following recipe is debbie&andrews special recipe to celebrate being at the Cheshire County Show in 2105.
for the salad
- 1⁄2 a butternut squash, roughly chopped, deseeded 50g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 250g quinoa
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of mint, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch of parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, leave skin on
- Olive oil
for the kebabs
- 1 pack of debbie&andrew's Caramelised red onion sausages, chopped into large chunks
- 1⁄2 a butternut squash, thickly cubed, boiled and drained (skin on) 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 green and 1 red pepper, halved and deseeded and cut into big chunks
- Preheat your oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Tip the pepper, squash & courgettes into a baking tray. Smother with salt, olive oil and paprika. Roast for 20 minutes
- Take out of oven and tip onion, garlic and hazelnuts into a roasting dish. Toss and roast for 20 mins, then cool 4 - Prepare quinoa according to the pack instructions
- In a bowl, mix zest, juice and 100ml oil. Squeeze the roasted garlic pulp from skins into the bowl, mash well and fold in the mint and parsley. Pour over the veg, then toss with the quinoa and hazelnuts, season with salt and pepper. Set aside
- Thread the debbie&andrew's Caramelised red onion sausages onto 4 skewers with the cooked butternut squash cubes, pepper and onion. Fry in a non stick pan in a little olive oil over a high heat until skewers are lovely and golden
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.