- 175g plain flour, sieved with
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 175g soft butter
- 175g caster sugar
- The grated rind of 1 orange
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 70g walnuts, slightly bashed in a plastic bag
- 50g Green and Black's Organic Dark Chocolate with Madagascan Vanilla (85% cocoa), coarsely bashed in a plastic bag
- 10g Icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 170° C (325° F - gas 3), [fan oven 140° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour].
- Place the chocolate in the fridge whilst you are preparing the other ingredients.
- Place all of the ingredients (except for the walnuts and chocolate) into a mixing bowl.
- Mix thoroughly using a hand or stand mixer - if using a Kenwood Chef / Major, use the Flexi-Beater.
- When the mixture is of an even consistency, add the walnuts and mix using the slowest setting.
- Grease and line a 20cm (8 inch) loose bottomed deepish cake tin. There is no need to line if you are using a Silverwood tin.
- When the oven has reached the required temperature, gently mix in the chocolate using the slowest setting.
- Pour the mixture into the tin, smooth it out and bake so that the top of the tin is about halfway down the oven for about 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin.
- To touch, it may not seem cooked, but it is and if you over cook it, you will loose too much moisture.
- Dust with icing sugar.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#chocolate #walnuts #wigscake #cake #orange #icingsugar #hand #castersugar #cocoa #hazelnuts #vanillaextract