Veal and burghul soup
This recipe comes from Armenia.
- 750 g knuckle of veal, with bone in, washed
- 2 litres cold water
- 1 carrot, washed and left whole
- 1 onion, peeled and left whole
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and black pepper
- 120 g burghul wheat
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Put the veal in a pan with the cold water and bring to the boil.
- Skim, and add the carrot, the onion and the cinnamon.
- Season, reduce the heat and simmer gently, covered for 2 hours.
- Remove the vegetables and the bone, leaving the meat in the pan.
- Add the burghul wheat and simmer for a further 15 minutes until it is cooked.
- Add more water if the mixture becomes too thick.
- Adjust seasoning, if necessary and serve, garnished with parsley.
Serve with lavash.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#vealandburghulsoup #veal #onion #simmer #burghulwheat #carrot #parsley #lavash #lamb #boiledorsimmered #cinnamon