Tuna in toast baskets with Džiugas cheese
- 8 slices of sliced white bread
- 180 g tuna in oil, drained
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and cut into small cubes or julienned
- 4 tablespoons Džiugas cheese, grated or shaved into strips
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 tablespoon of sour cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Using a rolling pin, roll out each slice of bread to make it thinner.
- Put each slice into a large silicone muffin moulds or muffin tins.
- Beat the eggs with the sour cream.
- Stir in the grated Džiugas cheese and season with salt and black pepper.
- Pop a tablespoon of tuna into each mould.
- Top with apple and pour cheese mixture over the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
These Džiugas cheese aperitifs can be served hot or cold.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.