This looks great cooked as a whole piece but works equally well if you prefer to use tuna steaks - just cut the cooking time to 15 minutes. Use as tight fitting a dish as you can - that way you don't need too much oil.
- 750g piece of tuna loin, skinned
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 Belazu preserved lemons, middles discarded, cut into slivers
- 6-8 Peppadew peppers or other sweet, piquant peppers
- olive oil, to cover
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160° C (325° F - gas 3)
- Season the tuna with salt and freshly ground pepper. Lift it into a baking dish that comes above the level of the tuna and tuck the bay leaves, lemon and peppers around it. Add enough oil to cover the tuna, cover and cook for 1 hour.
- Lift the tuna out of the oil, cover and rest for 5 minutes. Strain most of the oil off the lemon and peppers, leaving enough to make a sauce, then add the parsley and plenty of seasoning.
- (Olive magazine)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.