From Cookipedia(Redirected from Transparent cellophane noodles)
A noodle is made from unleavened dough that has been shaped into thin flat strips or round cylinders and cooked in a boiling liquid. Depending upon the type, noodles may be dried or refrigerated before cooking.
- Asian egg noodles
- Lochshen: wide egg noodles used in Eastern European Jewish cuisine
- Reshteh: Middle Eastern egg noodles
- Spätzle: Egg noodle generally associated with the southern German states of Baden-Württemberg and Bavaria
- Tăiţei: Romanian egg noodles
- Tagliatelle: Italy. Made either fresh with eggs or pasta-like with heavy grain.
- Chūka men: Japanese for 'Chinese noodles'
- Lamian: hand pulled Chinese noodles
- Mee pok: flat, yellow Chinese noodles, popular in Southeast Asia
- Sōmen: very thin Japanese wheat noodles
- Udon: thick Japanese wheat noodles
- Flat or thick rice noodles, also known as héfěn or ho fun
- Rice vermicelli: thin rice noodles, also known as mǐfěn or bee hoon
- Cellophane noodles, also known as glass noodles, or bean vermicelli.
- Naengmyeon: Korean noodles made of buckwheat and sweet potato starch. Slightly more chewy than soba.
- Soba: Japanese buckwheat noodles
How much does one cup of noodles weigh?
Estimated US cup to weight equivalents:
|75 grams||3 ounces|
|150 grams||> 5 ounces|
Every ingredient has a cups to ounces or grams conversion table. Search for the ingredient, cup to weight conversions are at the end of each ingredient page.