Tomato and Capricorn tarts
(Redirected from Tomato and Capricorn tarts recipe)
Impress your guests with this simple yet sophisticated recipe from The Lubborn Creamery
- 250g frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons red pesto
- 2 rounds of Capricorn Somerset Goats cheese (100g each), diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, snipped
- 300g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Allow the pastry 30 minutes to get to room temperature for ease of handling
- Roll out the pastry and cut into four x 15cm rounds, using a saucer as a guide.
- Place on a large greased baking sheet.
- Using a sharp knife, score around each disc, 1cm from the edge.
- Spread each tart with the pesto to the score line
- Mix together the Capricorn Somerset Goats cheese and chives, season and sprinkle over the tarts
- Place the cherry tomatoes on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#tomatoandcapricorntarts #chives #pesto #cherrytomatoes #tarts #diced #baking #bake #miseenplace #pastry #puffpastry