Tofu al limón con arroz rojo (Lemon tofu with red rice)
The original Spanish version of this vegetarian recipe can be found at Gastronomía&Cía.
- 150 g Camargue red rice
- ½ Spanish onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 scant tablespoons raisins
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- 400 ml water
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 400 g tofu
- The juice of a medium sized lemon
- Sesame oil, to taste
- 10 basil leaves, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 or more Cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- Salt and black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon vinaigrette
- Heat a little olive oil in a small saucepan and sauté the onion over a low heat until it is transparent.
- Add the raisins, allow them to expand, then add the five-spice, cooking for a further one minute.
- Mix in the rice, then add the water, peanut oil and a little salt (to taste).
- Bring to the boil and then simmer, covered, until the rice is tender (up to 40 minutes). Stir occasionally.
- Half-way through the cooking time, cut the tofu into slices of about 1 cm - you need two slices per person.
- Place the tofu in a shallow container and pour the lemon juice over it.
- In a pan, heat a little olive oil and add the garlic, cooking until golden.
- Add the tofu (reserving the lemon juice), season to taste and brown the tofu well on both sides.
- Pour the lemon juice into the pan and add the basil and sesame seeds, allowing the seeds to toast a little.
- Remove from heat and reserve.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.