The Old Fashioned cocktail
Not for me! - Klapaucius
The classic whiskey cocktail that has been served since around 1880 at the Pendennis Club in Louisville, Kentucky and is possibly the first drink referred to as a cocktail.
- 1 sugar cube
- 2-3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 orange slices
- 3 oz bourbon
- 1 maraschino cherry to garnish
- Place the sugar cube in the bottom of an old-fashioned glass.
- Drip the bitters on to the sugar cube
- Add one orange slice.
- Mix these ingredients.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Add the bourbon.
- Garnish with the cherry and the final slice of orange.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#orange #theoldfashionedcocktail #angosturabitters #maraschinocherry #cherry #bitters #bourbon #drink