Thai turkey salad with mint and chilli
- 200g packet of mixed crunchy salad leaves
- ½ small white cabbage, shredded in a food processor
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- ½ small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 300g cooked turkey meat, picked from bones and shredded
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and chopped into rings
- Big handful of mint leaves, chopped roughly
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon nam pla
- Juice and zest from 1 lime
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 125 g peanuts or Cashew nuts, roughly crushed with a rolling pin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Crusty bread to serve
- Add the salad leaves, cabbage, carrot and onion to a large serving bowl and mix well
- Scatter the shredded turkey over the salad
- In a small bowl, add the mint, chilli and lime zest. Add the lime juice, sesame oil and nam pla and stir well
- Dress the salad with the oil mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper. Go easy on the salt if you are using salted peanuts
- I like to toast the peanuts or cashews for a few minutes in a hot pan, but that's a personal taste.
- Scatter the crushed peanuts over the top
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.